Sunday, February 27, 2011

Clipsal

Hi Guys,

I'm looking forward to Clipsal more that I normally would. It's one of my favourite races the atmosphere is just awesome and normally the racing is pretty exciting too. But after SBR's form over in the UAE the whole team is pumped to carry on our momentum. I'm looking forward to it due to a few things, mainly my parent's are coming over for the race, well Dad for the racing but Mum I think definatly for the shopping! It's always cool having them over as normally they only get to about two or three races a year. One of them of
course being the ITM 400 in New Zealand.

I haven't had too much on the last few weeks. Although I did a day trip to Sydney to film and Eposode of V8XTRA. Jonothan Webb was also there and while he was doing his filming I got to sit in the control room and what goes on. It was pretty cool to see this side of it and I made the comment how busy the director was, he came back with the reply that this was nothing and I should see when the race is on live and he's got 10x more camera's to look after! Fair call. The episode goes to air the Saturday before the
500.

One of the positive's of not having much on the last few weeks I have been training really hard. Most mornings with our team trainer 'Bluey' myself and the other drivers spend about an hour doing a variety of things from running to weights to boxing for about an hour. In the afternoons I try to at least go for a swim or a run. Clipsal is by far the hardest race physically for all the drivers. I remember back in 2008 on the Saturday it was my first big single driver race and the coolsuit failed and I ran out of water really
early on and the only memory I had of the race was halfway through under safety car I was fumbling with the drink hose trying to suck some water through and I looked up and there was a car stopped in front of me and I plowed straight into the back of it! I had to be pulled from the car at the end of the race and I was pretty shaky! I'm interested to see how I go physically this year as it's the most effort I've put into my training preperation so hopefully it pays off!

We have got a test day coming up (March 3) which out at Queensland Raceway, it's going to be interesting to check out the track condition as I got emailed a photo while I was in New Zealand over the break and the whole place was a lake! But I've heard some report's that the track is good. As usual we've got some thing's to try for the test day so it will be interesting to see what improvements and tweaks the engineers have come up with. Some things work, some don't but this is why we go testing! Normally on a test day we will be on track about 8am and run untill about 5pm doing anything from 120-160 laps throughout the day. This sounds like a lot but when you have limited testing throughout the year these day's are normally scheduled and your testing stuff continuously throughtout the day. There's not point just pounding around!

After Clipsal I head up to Sydney for the night with SP Tools as they are releasing their new power tools range and then it's straight down to Melbourne for the Non-Championship GP races. This year though, we are having longer races and pitstop's along with a big prize for the winner! This is one of my favourite races it's pretty relaxed as our races are normally not till late afternoon and I really enjoy the track there!

Once again I have to thank
Stone Brothers Racing, SP Tools, FORD and the SBR partners and supporters and I hope to see you down in Adelaide for the 500. Don't forget
to come say hello

SVG

No comments:

Post a Comment